CHEVY CHASE AT HOME is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization for Chevy Chase seniors to keep us connected and active in our community as we age in place.
Our Service Area
Chevy Chase At Home serves single family homes in the five incorporated sections of Chevy Chase, Maryland, Rollingwood, the Old Hamlet, and other unincorporated areas bounded by Wisconsin Avenue, Montgomery Avenue, Beach Drive, and Western Avenue.
Click for a map of the area where our services are provided.
Maps of the individual sections are available by clicking on the links:
For those neighbors living outside our service boundaries, we are pleased to introduce a new option to become a Friend of Chevy Chase At Home. Find more information here.
Membership Categories and Dues
- Full Family Membership: This membership is for households of more than one individual. The annual fee is $600 per household. New applicants who join between July 1 and Sept. 30, 2016 receive a 3/4 year price of $450. Membership runs through March 31, 2017.
- Full Individual Membership: This membership is for households where one person resides. The annual fee is $450 per household. New applicants who join between July 1 and Sept. 30, 2016 receive a 3/4 year price of $337.50. Membership runs through March 31, 2017.
- Associate Membership: This membership is for households want the benefits of membership and do not need access to our volunteer provided services. The annual fee is $300 per household ($225 of which is tax deductible). Membership runs through March 31, 2017.
Full Members receive these volunteer-provided services
- Transportation to medical appointments, grocery stores and more.
- Household assistance such as putting out recycling bins, changing smoke detector batteries and light bulbs and fixing dripping faucets.
- Technical aid and advice for snafus with your smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Home visits, including respite visits to provide relief breaks for caregivers.
- Medical note-taking, providing records of what doctors said during appointments.
- Personal counseling about home-care agencies, provided by knowledgeable volunteers.
All Members, including Associate Members, receive these benefits
- Educational programs and social events to learn new skills (improving technical competence, hands-on art), discuss ideas and make new friends.
- Presentations by experts on subjects such as walking the Camino de Santiago; portraiture, cartoons and caricatures; fire prevention and home safety; balance improvement and fall prevention; memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s; and macular degeneration.
- Access to a short list of home-care agencies evaluated by knowledgeable volunteers.
- Access to a neighbor-recommended list of businesses providing home maintenance and other services, which includes plumbers, electricians, roofers and heating/air conditioning experts.
- Discounts on geriatric care consultation from professional care managers through our nonprofit partners at Iona Senior Services and the Jewish Social Service Agency.
- Participation in member-led groups (walking, knitting, jewelry making and more).
- Discounted exercise classes, such as Gentle Pilates, balance and Zumba.
- Reduced-price luncheons at LaFerme.
- CC@ H newsletter mailed to you and e-mail event bulletins.
- Access to a member listserv to share information with other members via the Internet.
The Naomi Kaminsky Membership Support Fund
Chevy Chase At Home turns no one away for financial reasons. The Naomi Kaminsky Membership Fund provides financial assistance for annual dues to persons with demonstrated need.
Questions? Please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 301-657-3115.
Return to TOP