The organizations listed on this page offer local events, activities, or services not sponsored by Chevy Chase At Home, but that may be of interest to our membership.
Please do not contact the CC@H office about information from these groups, but rather contact the sponsoring organization.
Library Events - Films, book discussions, etc. (click on Programs and Events to see the current calendar)
- Book discussions, author presentations, book clubs
Classes and Continuing Education
- Bethesda Beat - the targeted part of Bethesda Magazine for happenings in Bethesda and environs
- Montgomery County has a How to Recycle/Dispose list with a wide range of categories and links to locations which will accept items for donation. Some more unusual items can be recycled as well:
- Corks (from wine bottles, etc.) can be dropped off at ReCork locations: Weygandt Wines, 3519 Connecticut Ave in Cleveland Park, or Pour Vino N Hops, 42 Maryland Ave in Rockville
- Tennis balls can be sent to reBounces
- Crayon pieces and bits are turned into Crazy Crayons by the National Crayon Recycle Program
- Iona's Loan Closet - will gladly accept lightly used aging-related items (wheelchairs, canes, tub seats, etc.), and new hygiene, nutrition, and food, items (incontinence products, unopened liquid nutrition supplements, etc.)
- Recycle My Computer - at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center
- Project Reboot Computer Recycling - Gaithersburg
- Check the Montgomery County Shredding Events page for information on upcoming shredding events.
- Ride Share Services - How to hail a ride on Uber or Lyft - a nifty, easy to read guide about how these services work, how to use them (with or without a smart phone) and whether you might prefer one over the other. Courtesy of Little Falls Village.
Updated: 8/9/19 jta