How You Can Help
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Chevy Chase At Home. Our commitment to our older neighbors makes transportation and home services possible. Residents of all ages volunteer for tasks that suit our schedules, skills, and preferences. Together, Members and Volunteers create a strong, inter-generational community.
Our volunteers provide Members with rides to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, social events and religious services. Volunteers help with household tasks such as changing light bulbs, light hauling and minor repairs. Volunteers visit members' homes for computer coaching and friendly visits.
CC@H volunteers also help in the office and on the web site, provide event support, and serve on committees.
Application, Interview and Training
1. Complete and turn in our Volunteer Application.
2. When we receive your Application, we will schedule an interview to meet you and discuss your interests and availability.
3. You will be invited to complete a background check.
4. Volunteers who wish to provide direct member services must attend a two-hour training. Please check-in with the office for the next Volunteer Training date and time.
Volunteer Services Committee:
- Develop training materials;
- Recruit and train volunteers;
- Determine volunteer services to be provided and criteria for providing services;
- Match volunteers with service needs;
- Host observers from villages in development;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of service delivery.
CC@H wins 2014 Montgomery Serves Award
Updated: 3/2020 EK
Photo Credit: John Barnes